Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Summary- 6.8.13

So much has been going on since my last blog post! We have been super busy with post planning and closing out the school year, Vacation Bible School, having visits with Nana & Angel, and I didn't even mention trying to keep up with an INDEPENDENT walker. Yes, on our last day of school (May 24) Ellie Claire finally took those much anticipated independent steps. She has been walking assisted since right before her first birthday, but it took her another almost 5 months to gain the confidence she needed to step out on her own. She was so proud of herself when she finally did it! That day when I picked her up from daycare, Mrs. N. was so happy and proud of her. Ellie Claire spent about 15 minutes showing me how she could walk and didn't even want to leave. It is such a blessing to have someone keep her where she feels so safe, happy, and confident that she doesn't want to leave! She has been full speed ahead since that day....(insert mental picture of her running. everywhere. without stopping!)


In other news, I received the news during post planning that I will be teaching third grade next year! While it is bittersweet to pack up the classroom where I spent my first 4 years, I am excited and welcome the change. It will keep me on my toes and allow me to plan with James who also teaches third grade. We will really enjoy getting to lesson plan together and have some exciting competitions between our classes. Below is a picture of Ellie Claire in my old classroom, occupying herself with colored pencils. She seriously sat there for about 30 minutes contently playing and "drawing".


This past week, Ida & Angel came up for a visit. We had so much fun just relaxing, spoiling EC, and catching up on some much needed ZZZs since this was actually our first week of summer. We did visit Toccoa Falls since they had never been and had a fun little photo session.


Each night this week, James & I had the privilege of teaching the second and third graders at VBS. It was such a FUN week and we really enjoyed building relationships with the kids and sharing Jesus with them! The theme, Colossal Coaster World, was one of the best VBS themes I've ever participated in. It was about the life of Paul and our theme verse was one of my favorites- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind" 2 Timothy 4:7. I'm praying that each of the children remember that if God can change and use a man like Paul, He can use any of us for wonderful things for His glory! EC loved her goody bag from sweet Miss Audrey on commencement night and getting to peek through the window at her mommy and daddy teaching each night. She also enjoyed extra spoiling from aunt Dar.



On Friday night, James was working and EC wanted to stay up for him to get home so I decided to paint her toe nails. She thought she was so big and loved it! She sat very still, didn't wiggle at all, and kept smiling like she knew this was something special. May I always remember the little moments!



Today, Mama & I decided to take Ellie Claire to Babyland General. Since I haven't been in probably 20 years myself, I had more fun just as much fun than Ellie Claire. She loved the babies, but her favorites were the animals all around-the monkey especially. At the second birth we saw, the baby was a girl and we got to name her Ellie Claire! We were so excited! (Too bad she was $295...) We ended the night dancing to Bible School songs and having pizza with Granny & Poppy. Such a fun day and time to treasure! I have more pictures coming from Babyland General but I left my camera in my parents' car.


I'm hoping by starting "Saturday Summaries" I can hold myself more accountable for keeping up with our life updates in a timely manner!



No comments:

Post a Comment