Sunday, June 9, 2013

Happy Daddy Day & Saturday Summary!

Happy Father's Day to my favorite daddies! 

What great truth is in this quote-
"I never knew how much I loved you until I saw how much you loved her." My husband is a great daddy. He never hesitates to change diapers, give baths, spend 1-on-1 time, and do whatever necessary to make sure Ellie Claire's needs are met. He loves playing with her, wrestling with her, and always letting her win. He tickles her until she belly laughs and plays peekaboo like a champ. There is no doubt that he loves her and she loves him. He has set the bar quite high in 17 months of daddy-hood!  I made James a photo book of he and Ellie Claire from the past year. This is the second year I've done this because I always want to make sure Father's Day is a super happy and memorable day for him to look back on. We had Father's Day a little early on Saturday-complete with decorations, presents, chicken alfredo, salad, his favorite rolls (Sister Schubert) , and homemade frosty ice cream. Most importantly, we spend time together outside as a family on the porch and then cuddled and played with Ellie Claire before bed. Hearing Ellie Claire laugh with (or at!) her daddy is my most favorite thing! Sunday morning, we enjoyed breakfast at Dairy Queen (had planned to make pancakes at home for him but he likes our traditional breakfast on mornings when we are busy), sang a duet at church ("Your Love Never Fails" by Jesus Culture), and enjoyed lunch with my parents before he had to head work (work because he has next weekend off for the men's conference with church). What a great time together!


 

Not only am I thankful to parent beside my best friend, I am SO very thankful for my own dad. When I try to put into words how special that he is to me, I can't! He has always been a solid rock, a super hard working provider for our family, and a gentle spirit to quietly show me how to live like Jesus. He's always there to help me with anything I ask (over the years there have been some pretty crazy/extreme requests), listen, or provide advice when I need it-and he's never been wrong! I am so very blessed to have the dad that that I do & I don't dare take him for granted!  He's also a super good Poppy ("Bopah" according to her) these days & I just love seeing Ellie Claire interact with my dad. Their smiles when they are together are contagious! He is certainly head over heels for her! These pictures capture just a tiny bit of that!






Finally, most importantly, I am thankful for my Heavenly Father-how lost I would be without Him! I am so appreciative for how God created families, especially fathers for us to love and respect. This video is called "The Ultimate Love Letter from Our Heavenly Father."  I love this!


No comments:

Post a Comment