Sunday, July 24, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....seriously!

Warning: more of a personal journaling rather than public entertainment!

So this sounds completely PDA, mushy, and a little silly but I am missing James SO MUCH...and he has only been gone 13 hours! Yeah, really, I'm THAT bad. I hadn't thought much about him going to Mexico without me-I just knew he needed to go and that I would enjoy some quality time staying with my dad while he was gone. That was it. Despite having an absolute blast going on a daddy-daughter date to see "The Zookeeper" (fabulous, BTW) and having a much-needed day of rest, I am managing to become a slightly overly emotionally attached wife in need of hearing from her husband. I'm afraid I will cry tears of joy when I finally hear from him. Gag, I know! Temporary Separation is good, I am fully aware. I thought time away would be good for our relationship (and I know it IS!) but I never thought I would suffer from separation anxiety! I'm not that kind. I know I will feel better once I hear they landed safely (should have been in Cancun @ 4, through customs with luggage by 5, and on their way with Mauricio (missions leader) by 6. So here it is, 6:31 and I'm a little restless. I know international travel & its nerve racking tendencies...but I've allowed an extra 30 minutes for that. What would I do if James had to travel for a living? I don't think I could handle it.

Mental note: I can't blame all of this on being emotional...we actually haven't spent one single night apart since getting Married last June. Not one. So these feelings are normal...right?

Summary of today:
1. 5:00am--see my mom, husband, & other close friends off for the airport.
2. 6:30am--awake, wishing I was going through TSA pat downs with them.
3. 11:00am--oops! finally fell asleep I guess, Dad thought I needed to rest today, so we missed church.
4. 12:30pm-My mom loves us SO much she had a roast with all the fixins' prepared for us for lunch. De-lish. I thoroughly enjoyed! BTW, my dad has a new fascination with oranges in his sweet tea & it is DIVINE. Why haven't we thought of this sooner?
5. 1:30pm-Trying to work on grad school paper due tonight....not happening! I miss my husband!
6. 2:00pm-Get ready to greet the day & head out on our daddy-daughter date. Love him.
7. 3:30pm- Laughing hysterically @ Kevin James & talking animals. I will own that movie!
8. 5:30pm- Slightly homesick as I stop by, finish some laundry @ my house, check on our kitties (obviously already missing us), and discuss some home improvement with dad. (Insert really missing James now)
9. 6:30pm- writing this blog post, anticipating a phone call any second.

God is SO good at teaching & stretching us....and we're only 13 hours in. I'm so glad James decided to go despite having second thoughts! God is going to use him & grow him this week!

"Wherever you go, I will go; & wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, & your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, & there will I be buried. The LORD do so to me, & more also, if anything but death parts you & me" (Ruth 1:16-17)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and of course "Better Together" has to begin playing as soon as I preview this post! Go figure :)

    ReplyDelete